Monday, July 18, 2011

Flowers for Grammy

These cheerful smiling Dahlia faces are for my Grammy. Normally I would send her cut flowers, but this time around I'm posting a picture of the Dahlias that (inexplicably) make me think of her, and will save the tubers to replant next year. (I grew these from seed). So I can (inexplicably) think of her when I see them. Even though her favorites are Bachelor's Buttons.

So without further ado - for you Grammy, to brighten your day:

Keep smiling Grammy!
My favorite is the one trying to be seen in the back ...

3 comments:

Indiana said...

So beautiful and so thoughtful. As always very Caitlin like of you.

Love you Grammy!

Jennifer Fais said...

Isn't it funny what brings people to mind? I am so glad you are part of my family. Love, Jennie

caitlinvb said...

Thank you to both of you lovely ladies!

And it IS odd what brings people to mind - I didn't have a single memory of Grammy AND Dahlias. Not a one. And she confirmed today that she has never grown them. Must be because she used to feed my flower fairy habit when I was little :)