Saturday, July 02, 2011

And so it begins...

OK. Actually it's been going on for some time now, but people. Harvesting is happening. After the heat wave that put everything into 'deer in headlights' mode, I lost some stuff, but some stuff went straight to the next phase. And the more anticipated of phases - producing seeds.

Woot.

This year's garden, as I keep telling you in an effort to remind me, is an experimental one. An experiment to see what works, what doesn't, and really just kind of like an intro to the climate. One frustratingly similar to the one I grew up in, but completely foreign from what I've been living (and gardening) in.

So while the brown spindly stalks may be unsightly to some, to me they represent a minor victory. I managed to coax a plant through it's entire life cycle, and am ready now to usher in the next generation!

Borage, Dill, and Edamame seeds. Once I get them out of their casings!
Blueberries (woot!), Marigolds, Pintos and extracted Edamame
(I will just have to try to be patient and politely wait for next year to get here!)

1 comment:

Steve said...

So much goodness- what a great start! I'm just glad I managed to get a few heads of broccoli (my romanesco didn't do so hot), a little spinach, and a couple dozen pods of peas out of my little garden plot. Although I should have a pretty awesome tomato harvest from the two 5-gallon buckets I planted in if I can manage to remember to keep watering them.