Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Holidays.

We've got a theme going on here. My newly adopted home state is having weather issues.

I came out to the eastern part of the state for Christmas. We had a lovely time - smaller kids definitely lend an air of magic to the holidays. The whole starry eyes full of wonder and whatnot. I was feeling pretty blue without my family here (especially since my mom just left to go back to Canada... *sniff*), and all of that totally went out the window when I spent the day surrounded by kids opening their wrapped piles of loot.


Zora helped with the Christmas explosion process by making sure the wrapping paper was properly shredded

And then I woke up this morning to 6 inches of snow and giant dog flakes coming down. By lunchtime there was a foot. As I wasn't planning on going anywhere anyway, I actually got to enjoy playing in the snow. Snowball fights, snow angels, traipsing down the road that's become silent with its lack of fields, and muffled with the snow....made my weekend.


This is what a cotton field looks like from across the street


No. Rural eastern North Carolina is not equipped with snowplows. Which is kind of awesome on a Sunday after Christmas
.


This was Zora's first foray into a land of snow. She LOVED it.



Traipsing off down the road.

No comments: