Sunday, December 05, 2010

All Powered Up

OK. While it seems that not a lot has happened in the past several weeks, I realize that it is so not the case. Electricity, more clearing, job searching, car title transferring, bulb planting - stuff has been happening.

My mother was recently traveling around the northeast - visiting my grandparents, my godmother, etc. She came back with a bunch of tools and bulbs gifted to us by friends and family. We decided that around the 'pond' (seriously - why do we call it a pond? It's a glorified giant puddle. But it does occupy prime real estate next to what will be the garden and chicken coop, so I suppose it deserves a promotion....) was the best place to plant said bulbs.... and so we spent a very tiring day getting them all in. I kept reminding myself of how gorgeous it will all look in the spring....assuming we didn't kill them all off with carting them around in the car and haphazardly putting them in holes dug in clay and not exactly properly prepared.....


Tools from my mom and my grandfather, bulbs from my godmother - it's a family affair


Zora is 'helping'. My hair is ridiculous. Welcome to the farm.


In a few months I will not find this little guy quite so cute.

The weather has been getting colder and the scenery outside continues to be dramatic and beautiful. I continue to be amazed and thankful that everything came together to allow me to live in such a place. Words can not always describe how much this place can keep me energized and motivated to continue to try to live my dream.


My mom has a real knack for capturing the beauty of the lake.


No words.


When this was found, it was whole. I like how it kind of looks like a nature puzzle...


I call him 'nesbitt'. As that's what kind of grape he is... why is he a he? Couldn't tell you.


I find myself spending a lot of time staring into the fire pretending to be warm these days.


Our drinking water. I have taken to brushing my teeth in the morning with whatever water I managed to leave in the kettle from the night before. Either that or I have to wait for the ice to melt...

No comments: