Monday, October 03, 2011

A Year and a Day

Today is the day after my one year anniversary at Stoneyhaw. What's that? You're surprised you didn't get a big long sappy dripping with nostalgia post yesterday on THE day? Sorry. I had other things to do. Like work. And be dripping with nostalgia in person (kinda) via and phone and massive Skypage with the fam.

But yes. I have been out here in my beloved Melvin for one year. Lucky for you I already did a 'year in review' post, and I will not bore you with another one. But I am absolutely ensconced in thinking about all that I have acquired in the past year - the Manfriend, his Spawn, and Luke the Puppy. Also the chickens (most notably Henrietta), and the Garden (which it turns out, fully has a personality itself).

A big thank you to all who have sent tools, supplies, money, gift cards, and who have spent numerous hours working, laboring, toiling (yes - they are similar in meaning, but I can not stress the amount of hard involved in the hard work involved enough) as well as fretting, worrying, and being concerned. No part of Stoneyhaw could be in its current state of existence without you.  Mom and Mike, you know who you are.

Even though I sometimes go on a rampage that's somewhere along the lines of "dammit I don't want to put my shoes on to pee/to have construction crap everywhere/to have chicken poop everywhere/to have mud everywhere", I am immensely proud of all that has been accomplished in the past year. So. Booya to all you naysayers (oh - I have not forgotten you, don't you worry), and on to year 2!

Luke the Puppy!

Henrietta, Queen of the Waddle Brigade

Prodigal Chicken & Child (as always, guarded by the Zora puppy)

Best. Manfriend. Ever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! Even if I can't think of anything clever to say when you toss up a new post, you gotta know that I'm smiling like a retard. I'm seriously hot for your chickens, and love those stories SO much!

Although, I will comment that I am jealous of your growing season! I tried so hard this "summer" to get some plants to produce anything, and they're wimpy. It's probably the hipster/emo vibe in Portland that's getting them down. I should immediately start pumping punk music out the windows, so the plants buck up a bit.

Samantha Bangayan said...

"Booya to all you naysayers"! Haha! Love that! You'll hear me quoting you on that. =) Congrats, Caitlin!

Anonymous said...

Yay! :) Glad the year was great aside from a few bumps in the road. Here's to the next!