Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mmmm. Cake?

OK. So the cake for the best cake decorator ever didn't come out the way I wanted it to. AT ALL. So much so that I didn't take any pictures of it...I was too busy waiting for one of the individual cakes to fall over..... the irritating things is I totally know how I could have made it work sturcturally as well, but I just didn't have the time. Especially since I was trying to pack and make the cake at the same time..... anyhoo. Some pictures. (I stole the last two from P. Thanks P!)

The best part of the process? Instead of using rolled fondant (sometimes I buy it, sometimes I make it...), this time I made marshmallow fondant. I got tired of eating cake that you had to peel massive layers of crap off of - like your cake is trapped in some sort of clay wrap. Marchmallow fondant is actually damn tasty. I wanted to use up a bag of marshmallows left over from camping with my friend and her family, but I don't know that I'll go back to rolled fondant.


Patiently waiting for the rest to get painted - the least time consuming part of the whole process! The front 3 did not make it on the final cake, and are still sitting downstairs. (I don't actually *like* cake much...)


Assembling the cake.


Back away slooooooooowly......

No comments: