Thursday, January 16, 2014

Antsy.

Antsy.

Antsy antsy antsy!!

We are so close and yet so far from our house being done.... we were on a roll and making great momentum, and now life is getting (irritatingly) in the way again. SO ANNOYING! Stupid things like work and kids and this and that and the other thing getting in the way....

I *am* however, allowing myself to picture a not-too-distant future in which I have the luxury to DO things because I have a kitchen again. And it makes me so happy, despite current cramped conditions. What kind fo things you say? Many things. My beautiful friend's wedding cake, another batch of blueberry wine, ressurectling my Kombucha brewing, preserving, baking, cooking again....

The problem with allowing myself to picture having a kitchen, is that it spills out into other areas of the house. We'll have room for a proper dining table...which means family dinner AT THE TABLE. Something I miss so so SO much from my own growing up.

And the gleaming play kitchen in the shed (we bought a stove and dishwasher when they were drastically on sale and we couldn't not take advantage), and the fact that my parents were kind enough to bring me all the stuff from my last house I had stored in their basement is NOT HELPING. It's just taunting me....

Maybe it's just because it's been cold outside and I've been cooped up....

Soon. Very very soon!

This is not relevant to this post. Obviously.

2 comments:

The JR said...

You'll be all set up before you know it. Waiting can be killer when you are ready to be finished.

Jennie said...

Sending good energy that you'll be in your kitchen before you know it! Or, in your lifetime at least....