Wednesday, February 08, 2012

And Here We Go...

I finally got my seeds started this year. I am about 2 weeks behind for my brassicas, but so be it. Last year I had a whole big elaborate table dedicated to seed starting with fluorescent lights hung from the ceiling and blah blah blah... and this year I have a shelf on a mobile greenhouse inside the barn with a light. Singular. *sigh* But it's on a timer! That I found out doesn't work... *double sigh*

The good news, I suppose, is that I have my vegetable beds planned out, and am (more or less) set to go. And it's been such a mild winter (so far. Crap. I just jinxed it.) that a lot of my will-they-or-won't-they's did manage to overwinter (so far!) just fine. Ah. We shall see how it goes!

Yes. I am still addicted to various imaging effects on my iPhone. Sorry.

Plastic trays this year instead of peat pots. My seed starting mix is also peat free. (next year I hope to make my own)

In a greenhouse, but inside...

The plant labels are made out of a yogurt container...


No comments: