Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Doing Laundry is Now Infinitely More Fun

For a couple of reasons.

Reason #1: My man put in a full-sized clothesline and now I can hang a whole load of laundry on it, and another on the original laundry tree. Add to that the fact that I no longer hand wash all my clothes, and it's almost as if the 21st century has arrived at Stoneyhaw. Almost.

Reason #2 (and this one is WAY more exciting): I got my hands on a clothespin bag! Woot!

You may remember that I was profiled on Jeannie's blog, and possibly even that the whole reason why we struck up a conversation in the first place was because she makes and sells these awesome clothespin bags that so closely resemble the one my grandmother has had for years. And, through a combination of "I MUST have one!" and my birthday, I finally got my hands on one.

And it is already getting quite the workout. And it is a champ. The wire is a heavy enough gauge that I don't feel like I have to be gentle with it at all - which is nice when you're trying to carry too many things at once over to hang out the clothes. The material is nice and sturdy (mine is lined) and if I accidentally tug on it while I'm pulling out a pin without looking, no biggie. The magnet keeps the lid open and again, is sturdy enough that I don't feel like if I knock it by accident or something the flap will shut right when I have my hands full and need a pin. Besides. It's just so darn cute. So. All in all my thoughts on this bag: AWESOME.

It just blends in so nicely.

Yes. My line DOES get sun :)






When I'm hanging up socks and little things, or when I'm hanging clothes on the section of the line that's just a wee bit too tall for me, or when I'm taking things down.... I like to hang the bag on the inside of my hamper for easy access. (Hang it on the outside and your hamper might fall over if it's skinny and tall like mine)


You should go get one. And while you're browsing the interwebs, check out her blog.

5 comments:

orangesforadam said...

Oh, you did get a cute one, didn't you? I love love love my bag and plan on getting some as gifts. Imagine using one as a gift bag! Fill it with pins and all sorts of fun stuff for laundry, or even non-laundry related gifts just 'cause, as you said, they are just so darn cute!

Kerri said...

I want one too!! But mine needs to be made out of stainless steel wire for the boat. :)

I sent an email to her asking if she could custom make one for me. Sweet!!

caitlinvb said...

I really cannot say enough good things about it. I was folding laundry tonight and ask the manfriend to grab it for me, and he replied with a "Luke!! NO!! No chewing on the clothespin bag!!" at which point I promptly had a small heart attack(no, I did not stop to think how the 12 week old puppy managed to get up to the clothesline). He was just kidding, and though my horror-stricken face was hilarious.

Samantha Bangayan said...

What a cool contraption! I need me one of those! But how scary that Jeannie's inventory disappeared in the Texas wildfires. =( So hope she's alright!

caitlinvb said...

Hey Sam - she continues to blog about what's been going on with her and her family, and I find it to be quite inspirational - check out her blog for sure!