Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Epiphany

Ummm... I just had a realization....This beaut of a (half-built) landing is RIGHT OUTSIDE the back door. Which is connected to the kitchen.

Back door. Siding is complete now, and it looks awesome!

Another angle

From inside...
Why is this significant? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

This means that my stand alone propane burner, kind of like this (but older and rustier) ... is right outside the kitchen door. Meaning that canning, brewing & chicken plucking can happen right outside the door, and not turn my kitchen (/whole house) into a raging humid(er) inferno. How often do you wish that the bounty of summer didn't coincide with summer weather?

Yaaaayy!!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

That is a GREAT idea! I complain about filling the house up with steam and we don't have your 110% humidity. Now, I'll picture you enjoying the outside air as you hum along canning your bounty.

The JR said...

Good idea. I've thought about putting a cheap stove under our porch for canning.

caitlinvb said...

Thanks - I'm so excited!

Laurie said...

And now's the time...if you don't think the deck part will be quite big enough, you can always get Mike to custom-build it for you, maybe extend it a little... just a thought...