Monday, June 03, 2013

Progress!

This September will mark the third anniversary of my moving out here to NC. Yes. Time has gone by that quickly.

While my goals and motives have not changed (much) in that time, so many things have happened that I was NOT expecting. I would not trade anything that has sprung up in my path for anything. How can I when this happened:

Not shown: the puppies, the chickens (Henrietta is apparently NOT a chicken)
Getting the land cleared, the Airstream in, the garden in, the chickens in, the well pump installed, electricity hooked up...a lot has happened. And now I am THRILLED to think that we are BUILDING A HOUSE. Finally :)

This is huge for us. We have all of the amenities and necessities, but living out here the way we do can be a bummer now and then. OK, really just during a massive rainstorm when I have to put my shoues on and leave one building to go into another (albeit 10 feet away, but still) to pee in the middle of the night. Pregnancy was a blast, folks.

But I digress. We have a permit in hand and will be breaking ground as soon as we can.

Behold:

It's mowed, so it must be true. Coincidentally when we moved here I planned on putting our garden here.
I am so excited.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Congratulations! That means you got your building permit and the town is convinced that you are not building in their easement! (Laur told me about some of those trials and tribulations....) AND, just in time for the hottest part of the year! :-)

The JR said...

YEA!!!! Congrats. I know how excited I was when we built our home and got to move into it.

Happy for you.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Congratulations! That is such exciting news. I bet it will make your lives a lot easier and better! Cute family photo :)

PS - Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting on the toad house post!

elizabethfais said...

Whoot! Congratulations, all!!! What a wonderful journey, and the goodness keeps on coming. ;-)