Friday, June 08, 2012

Engagements

My life seems to be so full of engagements these days - things I mostly don't want to do or feel obligated to do or whathaveyou... doctor's appointments, work, errands... even mundane or fun things get that 'ugh. Do I HAVE to?' treatment a lot these days. Of all things, shoe shopping (I need a pair of running shoes for work) is becoming the bane of my existence.

However. There is one engagement that does not feel obligatory or weighty or anything other than exciting - the Redneck finally caved and we're getting hitched! There's a while before any fun nuptual-esque activity takes place, but since it's taking me (literally) months to buy new work shoes, this is probably a good thing. And I am honestly so excited about marrying my man that I like having the time to relish this giddiness. Yay!


Yes. He will kill me when he sees this post. In a month or two :)

8 comments:

The JR said...

Congratulations!

It takes me forever to find the perfect thing too!

Happy weekend.

Jennifer Fais said...

And congratulations from Noel and me! No matter when it happens, I am betting it will be a fun wedding. It is already a perfect match.

barbara woods said...

congratulations! hope you'll will b e very happy

Steve said...

Congratulations!!!

kerri said...

So freakin' excited for you! xoxo

caitlinvb said...

Thanks folks! We're super excited, and I am loving the fact that I have a good amount of time to be all dreamy-eyed before I have to plan. Blech. Thankfully I have event planning experience :)

Samantha Bangayan said...

OMIGOOOSH!! =) Sending the warmest congratulations your way, Caitlin!! =) Can't wait to see the cake especially!! =) Hehe!

elizabethfais said...

Congratulations! I can't tell you how happy I am for you all!!!