Friday, June 08, 2012

Engagements

My life seems to be so full of engagements these days - things I mostly don't want to do or feel obligated to do or whathaveyou... doctor's appointments, work, errands... even mundane or fun things get that 'ugh. Do I HAVE to?' treatment a lot these days. Of all things, shoe shopping (I need a pair of running shoes for work) is becoming the bane of my existence.

However. There is one engagement that does not feel obligatory or weighty or anything other than exciting - the Redneck finally caved and we're getting hitched! There's a while before any fun nuptual-esque activity takes place, but since it's taking me (literally) months to buy new work shoes, this is probably a good thing. And I am honestly so excited about marrying my man that I like having the time to relish this giddiness. Yay!


Yes. He will kill me when he sees this post. In a month or two :)

8 comments:

The Japanese Redneck said...

Congratulations!

It takes me forever to find the perfect thing too!

Happy weekend.

Jennifer Fais said...

And congratulations from Noel and me! No matter when it happens, I am betting it will be a fun wedding. It is already a perfect match.

quilt happy said...

congratulations! hope you'll will b e very happy

Steve said...

Congratulations!!!

kerri said...

So freakin' excited for you! xoxo

caitlinvb said...

Thanks folks! We're super excited, and I am loving the fact that I have a good amount of time to be all dreamy-eyed before I have to plan. Blech. Thankfully I have event planning experience :)

Samantha Bangayan said...

OMIGOOOSH!! =) Sending the warmest congratulations your way, Caitlin!! =) Can't wait to see the cake especially!! =) Hehe!

elizabethfais said...

Congratulations! I can't tell you how happy I am for you all!!!